How It Works:Complete the appropriate continuing education package from Sequoia CPE to become eligible for the IRS 2021 Annual Filing Season Program Record of Completion. Grading of final exams is instantaneous and completion certificates are available in your account immediately after passing each exam. Course materials are provided as PDF files that can be downloaded immediately after purchase.
- Step 1: Determine if you are exempt from completing the 6-hour AFTR course. See Am I exempt? for more information.
- Step 2: Purchase our AFTR Package for $79.50 or our AFTR-Exempt Package for $64.50
- Step 3: Download PDF course materials and access online exams for each course from My Account
- Step 4: Completion certificates are available in My Account immediately after passing each exam with a score of at least 70% correct
- Step 5: Sequoia CPE will report your continuing education credits directly to the IRS for you
- Step 6: The IRS will contact the PTIN holder notifying them of eligibility for the Annual Filing Season Program Record of Completion
Final Exam Information: Each course in the package will have a final exam and require a passing score of 70% to receive credit. The exam for the 6-hour AFTR course is 100 questions and has a time limit of 3 hours. Exams for all other courses will have 5 questions per credit hour (i.e. 2-hour Ethics exam has 10 questions) and no time limit.
All courses must be completed by 12/31/20 to receive credit for the 2021 filing season Record of Completion