Frequently Asked Questions
1. What does a Sequoia CPE Enrolled Agent membership include?
2. Does Sequoia CPE report my course completions to the IRS?
3. Are there any additional fees to complete my CPE, such as exam grading fees?
4. The Unlimited CE membership is for 1 year. When does the 1 year start?
5. Are courses from Sequoia CPE approved by the IRS?
6. Do courses from Sequoia CPE qualify for credit for Enrolled Agents?
7. What are the continuing education requirements for Enrolled Agents?
8. What format are the courses presented in?
9. How do I complete a course after purchasing my membership?
10. Can I save my answers in the middle of an exam and return to it later?
11. What happens if I don't pass a final exam on my first try?
12. Can I view the questions I missed on an exam?
13. When can a course be repeated?
14. Can I complete my CPE courses on a tablet or smartphone?
15. Are your courses accepted by the Oregon Board of Tax Practitioners for Licensed Tax Consultants and Licensed Tax Preparers?
16. Does Sequoia CPE have any firm offerings or discounts?
17. I purchased the $99 EA Membership, how can I access courses included in the CPA Membership?
Your membership includes unlimited access to all of our Enrolled Agent continuing education courses for 1 year. All of the courses feature course materials that are available immediately after purchasing your membership, as well as online grading of exams and instant completion certificates.
Certificates of completion are conveniently available in My Account any time after passing the final exam for that course.
Yes. All courses for which you receive a passing score are reported to the IRS for continuing education as long as you have provided us your PTIN.
New course credits are reported to the IRS PTIN system every weekday. Please note that it can sometimes take the IRS up to 48 hours to post credits in your online PTIN account after they have been reported.
No, your purchase from Sequoia CPE is all-inclusive. There are no additional fees for taking exams, grading exams, completion certificates, etc.
The 1 year membership is for 365 days of unlimited EA CE from the date of purchase.
Yes. We are an IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider and our Provider ID is XE26W.
Yes, courses listed under View EA Courses qualify for credit for Enrolled Agents. Qualifying courses will list the EA Program Number on the course description page.
Enrolled Agents are required to complete 72 hours of IRS-approved continuing education in the 3 year period immediately preceding license renewal. There is also a minimum of 16 hours per calendar year required, including 2 hours of ethics CPE.
All courses from Sequoia CPE are self-study courses with PDF course materials and online exams. After adding a course to My Account two buttons will appear:
Clicking the Download Course Materials button will download a PDF document to your computer/tablet with the course materials and relevant information.
Clicking Take Exam will take you to the final exam for that course which must be completed to receive your continuing education credit.
After purchasing your membership click View EA Courses at the top of the page, which will display all of our courses. Click the Add to Account button next to the courses you would like to take. These courses will now be listed under "Courses in Progress" in My Account, and you will be able to download the course materials as well as access the final exam from this page.
To receive credit for the course you must pass the final exam with a score of at least 70%. After passing the final exam, the course will move to "Completed Courses" in My Account and there will be a link to view and print your certificate.
Yes. You can click either of the "Save Progress" buttons on the exam page to save your current answers and return to the exam at a later time.
You can retake each final exam as many times as you need to. The course will remain in "Courses in Progress" in My Account until you pass the exam. To retake an exam click the Take Exam button.
Yes, only after passing the exam. After passing an exam an Incorrect Answers link will be displayed in My Account for 7 days under the Get Certificate button.
Courses can only be repeated once updated to a new version (e.g. versions 3105A and 3105B).
Yes, all aspects of our courses are fully compatible with Apple iOS, Android and Kindle. For iPads, the PDF course materials can be saved from Safari into the iBooks app for offline access and easy reading.
Yes, our courses are approved by NASBA and the IRS and are therefore acceptable for continuing education for Oregon Licensed Tax Consultants and Licensed Tax Preparers.
Yes, we offer discounts for firms with 5+ CPAs or EAs. In addition, firms have access to our "Virtual Office Administrator" which simplifies and streamlines CPE tracking. Our Virtual Administrator can track the continuing education of anywhere from 5 to 500 employees, displaying individual progress in one simple and easy to use view. We save certificates of completion for five years in a user-friendly archive.
For more information about firm pricing or our Virtual Administrator, please contact Support@SequoiaCPE.com.
If you have already purchased the Enrolled Agent Membership but would like to access courses from the CPA Membership (Accounting, Auditing and Business courses), you can do so by upgrading to the CPA membership for an additional $50. Click here to upgrade.