Arizona CPE Requirements
License Renewal Date
Last business day of birth month biennially, odd or even year based on birth year
CPE Reporting Period
First day of month following birth month to last business day of birth month biennially, odd or even year based on license expiration date
- 4 hours. Cannot be taught by an employer or co-worker and must include a minimum of one hour of each of the following subjects:
- Ethics related to the practice of accounting including the Code of Professional Conduct of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants; and
- Board statutes and administrative rules.
Other Subject Area Requirements
- 40 hours in Accounting, Auditing, Taxation, Business Law, or Management Services
- 16 hours in Accounting, Auditing, or Taxation
- 16 hours in a Classroom or Interactive Webinar setting
- Computer Courses: Introductory computer related courses are limited to 20 hours.
Arizona State Board of Accountancy
100 N 15th, Suite 165
Phoenix, Arizona 85007
Phone: (602) 364-0804
Fax: (602) 364-0903
Click here for Board Statutes
Acceptable Programs of Study: Arizona CPE Requirements state: "To qualify... a program shall be a formal course of learning at the professional level which contributes directly to the professional competence of participants" also "the board considers it to be the individual's responsibility to determine whether a continuing education program meets the criteria as set forth by the board."
PLEASE NOTE: Since state board regulations are constantly changing, the information contained here is deemed reliable however it is not guaranteed. We encourage you to contact your state board to answer any questions and confirm or clarify any requirements listed here.